Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what is a good granola bar or snack items that will be easy for people with IBS-D. I am running out of ideas and don't want to pile on more weight with too many extra carbs.-Vamplady

·
Registered
143 Posts
I can eat Nature Valley Yogurt bars without to much pain and "D". Not sure what the carb count is on them.The one thing I can always eat no matter how bad of a day I am having is frozen waffles. Go figure.I'd like to hear some other snack ideas. I'm quitting smoking and need something to snack on. (8 days down so far -- yeah me!!)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Quaker Oat cereal bars have sorbitol in them, so anyone who has D, should probably steer clear. The Special K protein bars don't have sorbitol in them. I think they are tasty. Kinda pricey, but you do get the protein from them.Sandeera;A big congrats to you on quitting smoking!!! You might actually find that your D becomes less. Some people have experienced that. Quaker makes these little cinnamon bites that I think are sorbitol free. They are awesome. If you want something that takes a long time to suck on, you could get Werther's hard candies or Creme Savers. I don't know how either of your stomachs handle popcorn, but lite always makes a good treat. Wish I could eat that!
But, of course, my would have to have butter on it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts