Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone with a knowledge of herbs and extracts -- what does this one do and what does it work for?? I was reading thru the kirkman labs website (and no, i do not work for or profit from posting their name yada yada yada -- i use their stuff because it is hypoallergenic, dietician recommended and most importantly, it doesn't make me vomit
)Anyway - their site said this about it and made me curious. Any thoughts?DescriptionMany doctors and medical practitioners are using Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) orally for support in certain gastrointestinal situations. Kirkman has been asked by doctors and parents to please carry Grapefruit Seed Extract so to comply with these requests, Kirkman now offers Grapefruit Seed Extract 125 mg. hypoallergenic capsules.Each capsule contains: Grapefruit Seed Extract 125 mg.(a 35% powdered extract from seedsof citrus paradisi)Other ingredients: Plant cellulose, silicon dioxide

·
Registered
8 Posts
Some one on another board I go to said that it has really helped them with there IBS. I bought some to put in my cats water (it helps to get rid of colds and eye problems with cats) and it does seem to be working to help them get over a cold. I haven't tried taking it myself but I'm going to give it a shot.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi .. search any good engine on citricide or GSE will tell you everything you need to know.It is very powerful and efficient antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral; very acidic. Be careful not to burn your insides. Use very weak doses externally, specially something like eyes !kind thoughts ...DiannePrincesspurr --- loved your website, thank you !

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I was given it once by a naturepath as part of a liver cleanse. Results were good. (This was years ago, but I do think my system calmed down during that period, as well.)

·
Registered
389 Posts
My doc prescribed it to me as an antifungal. It has been very successful - I no longer have IBS symtpoms.He outlines his treatment in his bookHard To Stomach by Dr John McKenna.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts