Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,Just thought this recipe might be of interest to others. I have been searching for some nice, safe IBS snack foods and Here is the first one I tried.I am having fun experimenting in the kitchen with fat free recipes and will post some more when I have tried and proven them. This one is really good, and based on my calculations (from a calorie chart on a website) they have only 1.1 grams of fat (from plant sources not animal) and 232 Calories per muffin. They can also be reheated in the microwave and freeze fairly well too, I hope others will enjoy them too, let me know what you think if you try them! :love: Apple & Oatbran MuffinsIngredients:2 large green cooking apples3 cups unbleached white flour1 1/4 cups oat bran3 teaspoons baking soda1 teaspoon cinnamon1/2 teaspoon nutmeg1 12-ounce can apple juice concentrate (355 millilitres)1 cup waterMethod:Heat oven to 170 degrees Celcius or 325 degrees Farenheit. Lightly oil 2 x 12 Cup muffin pans. Peel and core the apples and chop well. Set aside.In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the oatbran.Add the apple-juice concentrate, and water. Mix well, but don't over beat as this will make the muffins tough. stir in the chopped apples.Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups and bake till lightly browned, (approximately 25 minutes). Mixture makes 24 medium sized or 12 giant sized muffins.Remove muffins from cups while hot, and allow to cool on a wire rack.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts