Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im constipation predominant and been taking lots of stool softeners, some magnesium and senokot as of lately (i know it sounds a lot, but really isnt) and just now i have had a bit of bowel spasmish pain and then some loose green stool! i just did a search on it and i saw that it means stool is passing out faster than usual? i havent eaten anything green lately much at all so im sorta scared.. i've lost 3 pounds and been feeling dizzy and tired lately. the doc i just went to said i wasnt eating enuff and i guess my parents and me all agree .. i've been obsessed with getting stool out and not eating enuff for fear of being constipated that im not getting enuff food and releasing too MUCH stool. could this be the problem or do you think i should get checked out immediately? thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Watchmedream,I recently asked my dr. about green stool and he said that is not anything to worry about. You only should worry about dark black or grey stools. I would probably say that you aren't getting enough vitamins and nutrients since you aren't eating enough. When you don't feel like eating try drinking a Boost or an Ensure drink. When you're feeling icky drinking something is better than eating. Also i would find a vitamin supplement to take since you're probably vitamin deficient.Don't worry about green stools. I get them all the time, but mine is from excess of bile and is solved by using Questran. But since you probably still have your Gallbladder than Questran won't help you with green D.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Watchmedream,just a quick note:Green foods won't necessarily make you go green. However Purple/Blue foods will. Think about your intake... Grape juice, grape popsicles, grape jell-o, grape/blue-raspberry Kool-Aid, EVEN blueberries. Just something to think about.I asked my doc the first time it happned to me and coincidently i was eating a lot of fresh blueberries(we had just picked on vacation). Just a thought. Hope all is well.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I had a green stool once when I was on Lotronex and my GI doc said it was a motility issue, which sounds like what you were told. Keep on top of your doc if you're concerned. We're not doctors, but I know anecdotes from fellow sufferers help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.