Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have been in an especially bad IBS streak lately and finally googled and found this site a few days ago. I have already learned so much!
I guess I have IBS-A, we call it?, intermittant d and c and lots of bloating! I have suffered from IBS most of my life- childhood C and at adolescence I got D too. When my husband proposed to me for instance, I said yes and ran to the bathroom! The problem with me is that nothing has worked for ME and that of course is the "irritable" part. My GI doctor got to the end of his rope, and I was recently at a regular Dr. for a sore hip- he x-rayed my hip and said I was constipated. 'Not according to my knowledge' said I 'but I do have IBS' (and junk in the trunk I guess
) so he instantly gave me Zelnorm and I took it for a week and it has started my bad streak. Now I am more messed up than before (young doctor).
But I am starting the soluble fiber diet and have high hopes! Of course I already feel better just to be talking to you folks and I feel like part of a community.

· Registered
192 Posts
I also had a young GI doc prescribe Zelnorm to me and screwed up my Christmas and birthday. I also alternate and Zelnorm is not for alternaters.Welcome aboard. Sorry you have to be here, but it's a good place for info.Take care,Joyce

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.