Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here read the book "Guess What Came to Dinner"? (Gittleman). The author says that many, if not most, cases of "IBS" are caused by chronic intestinal infection with "bad" types of bacteria, parasites (microscopic forms), and/or yeast(Candida). I keep reading about the increase in food-borne illness (not just E. coli), and am concerned about it. Thanks for your feedback.

·
Banned
364 Posts
I have not read the book, but I have had so many stool sample tests sent in to the hospitals to be checked for various forms of bacteria, etc., that I am afraid to meet the nurses who take the 'samples' from me in the store...I know they must talk about 'the poop in a bowl woman!'I have had c. diff a couple of times, when it is cleared, I still have the IBS-D. Don't know if that helps or not, but when I did have the c. diff, my diahrea was much worse than when I don't have it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I read that book, and that woman seems a little hysterical. Didn't you think so? God, you could never put a damn thing in your mouth again according to her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts