Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're anything like me, since I've had IBS and especially with Fibro, there are many times(too many), that I don't feel like cooking. Whether it is because of that gaseous full filling or because of the D and rectal discomfort; doesn't really matter. I also get lower abd aching pain when I'm on my feet too long. Does anyone feel this too? How do you handle the guilt without sounding whiny, crabby, or like you're making an excuse? The catch of it is, I have more time than ever to do this; but feel less like doing it than ever. I also feel so restricted as to what I can make. My menus are becoming dull and boring. I don't expect I'll get too many answers for this; but I feel like venting right now, and thought you might like to too. Thanks, Moldie------------------

G

·
You know, moldie, it's a funny thing; but whenever I cook or do housework I get a backache. Now figure that out! I don't usually get one when I am enjoying myself doing other things. I am really not kidding about this either. I also cannot stand in one place for a long period of time. I am OK if I can walk around or meander - just don't make me stand still!PS-I am very lucky to have a husband who loves to eat out. [This message has been edited by gal4 (edited 06-01-99).]

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think fixing food is a big problem for people with this stuff. Not only is it a draining job but we can eat so few things you tend to make the same things over an over then get so sick of them you don't want to eat it. then try to add something new and POW you have an attack.I think it would be a great idea if we share some receipes for things we can eat on thsi board...help each other out. maybe some things we fix all the time and are tired of would be new and helpful to someone else!Why don't we get a receipe thread going . then if someone doesn't want to read about receipes they can jsut skip over that one.

G

·
This is me all over. I have terrible guilt on my bad days when I can't cook. My husband works long hours & my cooking pampers him. I walk around in a daze apologizing for not feeling well. Also, when I clean & cook I get dehrydrated & then my back goes & then my bowels! There has to be some connection there.------------------""there are never any mistakes only lessons"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.