Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for all the ??? I must be in some kind of flare or got into some bad food. For two weeks now I have had some kind of IBS flare. I was in a remission for awhile and so happy. I started with indigestion, burning stomach and now I'm left with looser stools, very smelly and sometimes they burn. The Primary dr sent out some stool tests but still waiting for results. My issue is some cramping after my morning BM. It's not extremely painful but so annoying. I have Bentyl at home but don't know if I should take it just during an attack or the night before to prevent it. Here is my question---does anyone wake up in the morning with a nervous gut and spasms? It's like I fear the fact that I'm going to have a BM and then the cramps come. I feel like I have some kind of stomach virus or bacteria and the drs are not doing anything about it. Would somthing like this just go away in time---or do I need some kind of medicine? I have had a spastic colon for most of my life--but these kind of flares are different---like some sort of gastritis. I have been taking Prevacid for years. Wonder if this med is bad? Would Pepto Bismol kill bacteria? Any thoughts please!Tania

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi!Well it's 7:42am right now and I'm getting spasms, my stomach hurts and I know I've to go for a BM but it won't come out and if I try the spasms get worst.I fell like this every morning worse when I have to go to work because I have to get up early and start getting ready.I was also in remission for 1 year felt great but it came back..Just remember if you have IBS you are not the only when suffering espicially in the morning.Sorry I couldn't answer the rest of your questions .Hope you fell better soon!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Tania,I'm very sorry to hear of what you're going through, you must feel awful. I'm also very sorry I do not have any answers for your questions, except that I don't think Pepto Bismol kills bacteria, I'm not 100% sure, but I really don't think it does. Just my opinion. I certainly hope you feel better soon. Has your Dr. done any recent blood tests?? Love and Hugs if you want them,Jadair

1 - 3 of 3 Posts