Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If that title sounds giddy, it is. I'm on my 2nd day of my 48 hour liquid diet before my barium enema tomorrow. For some reason I feel very giddy, happy and lightheaded. It must be all the sugar in the cranberry juice I'm drinking. Yesterday I drank it all day before looking at the label. Today I'm alternating it with water so I don't get as much sugar.I start the laxatives in 2 1/2 hours. I probably won't be so happy then! Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean[This message has been edited by JeanG (edited 11-16-1999).]

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Keep up that positive attitude Jean!!! You go girl! And, I would gather an assortment of reading material and other things to do while on the throne. Like the boy scout motto says...be prepared! Hang in there!------------------Happiness is a warm puppy. -Charles Schultz

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahahah:Thanks for reminding me, K9. I took the first laxative 15 minutes ago and can feel things rumbling. I just ran and put a book in the bathroom.My cat is hiding! I wonder if this is an omen of things to come! Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, luckylou. So far so good. But I am starting to think of potato chips, and I don't even eat potato chips! Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

G

·
Jean,Ah, those old familiar rumblings!! we can all relate! We'll be thinkin' of ya, and let us know all the gory details!! Hugs to you!Kerri

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Lucky & Kerri. I'm ok but I'm full of jello and my butt burns! I can't wait to eat again. Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

G

·
Jean,You're in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know what you find out.------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be sure to let everyone know, Bettie. Doesn't it take a few days to get the results back? I forgot to ask. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.Thanks for you kind thoughts. Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Jean, good luck tomorrow! It does take a couple of days for the results,hope it goes well, be careful gorging afterwards. I liked the potato chip thing.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, Eric. I probably won't gorge myself right away anyway. I plan to eat at the hospital, and then it will take me 1 1/2 hours to get home by bus and subway. So I'm not going to take any chances on getting sick!It's been nice not having any cramps for 2 days. Maybe I should eat jello more often! Hey, maybe that's the new miracle cure for IBS - jello! Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
In a weird way that gave me an idea for the cure, a bionic digestive tract, I can see it know The 6 million dollar Glaxo man.Okay, I am a little tired.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ha! I would be the first in line for that bionic digestive track. Hmmm. Maybe I should let Bettie go first! Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.