Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me why after using the clean out prep and a liquid diet for 2 days does my diarrhea subside? The last one I had, the same thing happened. It lasted a few months. Hope it is the same and longer this time.Just curious as to medical reason?Flux, Eric, Kmottus, Jeff, Drs?????Thanks in advance. collie

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The only thing I can think of is kind of a take off on something I read recently when looking into methanogenic bacteria in the colon.There was one study that showed that after a colonoscopy prep some people who were previously methane producers lost the methanogenic bacteria. It could be possible that the flush out is altering the colonic flora in a way that ends up helping you for awhile, but then the colonic flora settles back into the state that it was before.It may be worth giving probiotics a shot as sometimes they help with acute diarrhea, and see if that mucking with the flora helps. Or you could talk to the doctor, maybe it would be worth doing the prep and see if it helps any. While it isn't that plesant, if it would give you several months of relief it might be worth it.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The only thing I can think of is kind of a take off on something I read recently when looking into methanogenic bacteria in the colon.There was one study that showed that after a colonoscopy prep some people who were previously methane producers lost the methanogenic bacteria. It could be possible that the flush out is altering the colonic flora in a way that ends up helping you for awhile, but then the colonic flora settles back into the state that it was before.It may be worth giving probiotics a shot as sometimes they help with acute diarrhea, and see if that mucking with the flora helps. Or you could talk to the doctor, maybe it would be worth doing the prep and see if it helps any. While it isn't that plesant, if it would give you several months of relief it might be worth it.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K- my husband said the same thing to me, about talking with the doctor.I'm awaiting a call with the biopsy report at which time I will ask him about this..as unpleasant as it is, just maybe it will be worth it!Also, I think I will take Culturelle again...has anyone had any noticeable help with Culturelle?Anyone else experience this?[This message has been edited by collie (edited 07-18-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K- my husband said the same thing to me, about talking with the doctor.I'm awaiting a call with the biopsy report at which time I will ask him about this..as unpleasant as it is, just maybe it will be worth it!Also, I think I will take Culturelle again...has anyone had any noticeable help with Culturelle?Anyone else experience this?[This message has been edited by collie (edited 07-18-2001).]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes, it happened to me too. After the saline prep cleaned me out my bowells improved for a while.Hey Kmottus! You know of any clensing prep I can buy to clean out my brain? Maybe I can improve my brain function too. (I think I have functional Brain Disease)fart fart

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes, it happened to me too. After the saline prep cleaned me out my bowells improved for a while.Hey Kmottus! You know of any clensing prep I can buy to clean out my brain? Maybe I can improve my brain function too. (I think I have functional Brain Disease)fart fart

·
Registered
128 Posts
That's funny because I turned gray when I was only 28 and now at 44 I occasionally dye my hair back to it�s original brown. Maybe I should try the blond.(Har Har!)(Pretty good one mottus)ffppharts

·
Registered
128 Posts
That's funny because I turned gray when I was only 28 and now at 44 I occasionally dye my hair back to it�s original brown. Maybe I should try the blond.(Har Har!)(Pretty good one mottus)ffppharts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.