Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll first say that I have HORRIBLE hemorrhoids and fissures at the moment. All of which my doctor has seen and knows about. I took some Immodium this week so I didn't go for a few days. Last night I did. It was a very hard bowel movement, hurt my hemmies really bad, I knew that there would probably be blood before I even wiped. But to my surprise, when I did wipe, I found a small bright red blood clot. Scared me really. My hemorrhoids and the fissure was also slightly bleeding too, and they all hurt terribly. But I also noticed that one of the big hemorroids seemed to be "down". Not swollen like it has been for weeks. So I'm thinking maybe it "busted" open? And that's what that little clot was?Has anyone had this happen before? Of course it's Sunday so I can't call the doctor, but I will be seeing him in a couple of weeks. So I'll be sure to bring it up then. I just don't want to completely freak out here. But it did scare me. Thanks, and sorry for being SO graphic!Jennifer

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Homebound, it is hard to say with this but your probably on the right track, if it continues to bleed or get worse I will call the doctor this week aand see what he has to say. Sorry your in pain and having this problem.The first time I had bleeding was late at night from a hemmie and there seemed like quite a bit of blood. My mom is a nurse so I called her larte at night and was afraid to go to sleep thinking I would bleed to death in my sleep. It can be kindof scary sometimes I know.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Homebound, it is hard to say with this but your probably on the right track, if it continues to bleed or get worse I will call the doctor this week aand see what he has to say. Sorry your in pain and having this problem.The first time I had bleeding was late at night from a hemmie and there seemed like quite a bit of blood. My mom is a nurse so I called her larte at night and was afraid to go to sleep thinking I would bleed to death in my sleep. It can be kindof scary sometimes I know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts