Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a hysterectomy 10 days ago and I am doing ok except for the IBS-C. I am used to doing 2 fleet enemas a day to relieve this but they don't want me to do this while healing. I have tried Lactulose, Amitiza,Zelnorm,etc. The problem is that all these things only work a little and then I still have to use the fleets even though I am not suppose too.It hurts right now to have a BM so I am trying to think of something to take that will give me D every morning. What a thing to wish for huh? Of course the doctors and nurses think I am a head case but then again they do not have IBS and are not suffering from a surgery. Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, My name is Jackie and along with zelnorm I am also given the rx Polyethylene glycol 3350, nf powder. That helps me have a bm every morning. I have never had any type of surgery or hysterectomy. So you should just ask your doctor whathe knows about this. I just add it to whatever I drink 1time daily. Hopefully this helps. and Happy healing. jackie- chicago

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Nomie,Have you been taking pain meds since the surgery. Many times they can cause constipation and the inactivity too can add to the problemLinda

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, not taking any pain meds except advil.It is just very painful to pass anything except D right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts