Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am excited to post how I have stopped my IBS symptoms; a few possibilites. First I'd like to mention that I have never been diagnosed for IBS, but I will mention my symptoms here:(You may skip this; it may be unpleasant)The symptoms most often occured in the morning.I would wake up feeling different in my stomach (sometimes bloated, sometimes feeling tight).I would feel the necessity to release my bowels.In my attempts, I would achieve a timely constipation, severe stomach aches (most of the time nausea), severe pressure in my intestines. Eventually I would diareah. Then the above discription would occur again, and again, until two or three more diareahs. In almost all cases the former of the bowels would be loose stools, then the latter being diareah all containg mucus.I would also like to mention that I am male and that I had these symptoms for 8 years. The symptoms would occur once a week or more. Occasionaly I would skip a week, usually constipated the majority of the week (but feeling no pains).How I somehow stopped all of this.. it has been a little over one month since the last time these symptoms have occured.1. I quit drinking soft drinks. I very rarely drink anything else but water.2. I try to relase my bowels even when I don't have to go.. sometimes reading a magazine (this somehow will make me poop)3. I drink three Ensure Plus drinks a day (chocolate).I am not sure which of those measures have helped the most. It all occured at the same time, because I was trying to gain weight. I quit drinking soft drinks because I read it wasn't good for working out. In addition I purchased the Ensure Plus because of the extra calories. I am leaning towards Number 3 as the most primary reason for these symptoms no longer occuring. Then 2, then 1.I would drink 1 Ensure 4 hours after waking up. Then 4 hours after that, and then another one about 2-4 hours befor going to bed.Maybe the Ensure has something in it, or maybe IBS is caused because of a build up of feces (in my case I never felt if I had to poop, until I cramped up and had the symptoms).I hope I have helped someone!Thanks,Bryan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.