Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My haemorroids is quite problematic. It brings a log of discomfort when I pass stool and it even causes pain in my anus. It has added a lot of discomfort to the IBS-A symptoms and I wonder if any other members experience such bad haemorroids along with the diahorrea and constipations.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Anytime anyone with hemorrhoids who gets diarrhea or constipation it will tend to flare up the hemorrhoids. You don't need IBS (or any specific GI illness) to flare them up, but a lot of what happens in IBS will make them flare up a lot more often than someone that doesn't have IBS and typically has regular and easy to pass stools.If they are bad enough that over the counter creams or things like Tucks pads don't bring enough relief than you need to talk to the doctor. There are prescription treatments and even surgeries that can help severe hemorrhoids.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have hemorhoids, and I suffer with IBS-D, but have trouble going due to weak pelvic floor muscles and a slight mucosal lining prolapse , so have to strain some times, not good for the hemorhoidds, they sometimes bleed and are very red/purple and swollen, and so painful especially to sit down. I have a good cream from the doctor called proctacydl, but have been told I may need them dealt with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.