Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys .I hate to complain & whine but no one at home understand. Has anyone had hemorroids and had surgery?.I did and I want to know how long this pain lasts? I am do to have a IBS atack and Ican't go to the bathroom without terrible pain .I want to thank all that listens to me I am deeply grateful

·
Registered
221 Posts
I haven't has the surgery, but an uncle of mine did. I remember how painful he said it was "like giving birth" so I feel for you. I also remember him saying that he was on painkillers that helped him when he did have a bm. Do you have painkillers? Perhaps making sure the bm is very soft will help as well. If you don't mind me asking, how did you know you needed the surgery. I have them, but I'm not sure at what point surgery is required. THanks for the info and stay strong....Ali

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had alot of bleeding so I had a colonscopsy to detect ""C"" but it was external and internal hemorroids. It was due to my job and giving birth to a 10 lb baby. I would say it will be worth it in the long run .How long did your uncle stay in pain the doc only told me to take motrin.I hope they don;tcome back on your uncle thanks

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Pam, My husband is currently dealing with mysterious bleeding.No blood in his stool but stool with a whole lot of gushing blood.Was your's like that?How long did you bleed?Did they ten your hemorroids immediately or did they give you steroid suppositories or something else to try and control the bleeding.My husband bled big time for 10 days.He had a colonoscopy and that helped a bit because the gastro guy removed a polyp but he started bleeding again the next day.He's still on the steroid suppositories and if he misses one of his 3x a day suppository doses he bleeds agan.Although now he's not gushing like a faucet.Any thought would be appreciated.He has an appointment for a recheck on the meds on the 15th.My husbands dad had a similar problem.Eventually he had hemorroid surgery.He said it took about two weeks to feel better and he laid mostly on his tummy.Hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery,Kamie

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HEY Kammie .the same thing happen to me,blood only w/bm. no I had a doc put me on 2 different cremes&suppitories before He said I needed surgery.They were interal and ext. although ernal iratiated by the IBS. tell your hubby to have faith,maybe the doc can give him ''PROTO CREME or FOAM it helped for about a month. although the pain is bad now I have hope to feel better in a couple of weeks good luck. PAM

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Pam, Thank you so much for your input. I will certainly make the medication information available to my husband.It has been very very frustrating. You KNOW how rough it is.Are you able to take a sitz bath?Also running a shower massage on a heafty flow aimed towards your lower back helps some.Foot massage will be a wonderful help too.The area to work is the ankle and heel and the lower outside edge of the straight part of the foot going diagonally across up to the ball of the foot under the big toe. Primary work should be on the left side of your body. But you want to also work on the right side for balance.It's easy. Just do what feels good pressure wise and if it hurst don't do it.You basically just want to get some circulation going. Nuthin fancy.I like using the light non smelly Olive Oil for an oil for working the foot.Works for us over here; Mr & Mrs Bloody and Stuck.He's bloody. I'm stuck.What fun we are!!!!!Thanks again,Kamie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.