Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm 29. I have excessive gas with cramping and abdominal pain. Almost everything I eat seems to give me gas. I've suffered this way for about 2 years and 3 months now. This has affected my social life. I used to be an outdoor person, hanging out, making new friends but now I spend most of my time at home. I got married recently and my wife doesn't seem to understand the problem. Gosh, I wish she was more understanding. She has even poked fun at me pointing my bad social life. I had for some time tried to brush this off thinking I was normal and that it was all in my head but it did not go away. I hate the life I'm living right now. Anyway, I wanted to ask if anybody has seen any difference after going dairy free? Does it help?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would suggest doing some research on the fodmap diet and giving it a chance. It often helps those with IBS who suffer from has and bloating. I've been on it for a month now and I promise it's not as difficult as it sounds. It's also not entirely dairy free, just high lactose free. So you can't have milk and certain cheese, but you can have low lactose dairy like goat cheese, sharp cheddar, etc.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's the diet I'm on for a pretty long time and I gotta say that proteins are very good, but dairy was something that was destroying me. A lot of people is lactose intolerant, but it's utmost important to not eat to much of dairy with IBS. I have limited dairy to like one cottage cheese per week, not more. I tend to get my proteins from meat - it's the best possible option as they are much better obtainable by your body due to having mostly exogenous amino acids. I have also found drinking more water to help me significantly and consuming more unsaturated fats and obviously limiting any "junk" food, basing on high IG carbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts