Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone it's me again,i was just wondering if anyone has ever had a ct scan or been offered one because when the doctor and consultant do a few tests and come up with the ibs then they seem to do no more tests and we just carry on the stuggle suffering day in day out,as this is completely wrecked every aspsect of my life i was going to ask the doc for a ct scan cos i cant just except that i am expected to continue like this,its a life sentance!!!and im sure they really have no idea what pain we are going through.

·
Registered
71 Posts
No. I've never been offered any type of test at all. In fact, I diagnosed myself while riding a bus and peering over the shoulder of someone who was studying her nursing school notes. I saw the symptoms of IBS written out there, and it all suddenly clicked in my mind. I mentioned it to my doctor, and she just agreed that it's what I had, without any tests. She just told me to take Metamucil, which didn't help in the slightest. I don't think that doctors proactively do much for you, unless you pester them and start requesting things.

·
Registered
32 Posts
yes i have figured that out,i have had ibs for 5 years now and i have had a barium enema sigmoid thingy cant remember what its called an endoscapy and a barium swollow,my digestive system is extremly slow thats all they said and that i had inflamation in my stomach so i was put on antepsin they work really welll for the burning in my stomach that went straight through my back god the pain was incredible so at least that helps i have been on them tablets for 4 years now and cant go without them i have tried to come off them,also my abdomin distends to like im heavily pregnant and hurts so bad plus the constipation and i get a lot of pains all over my body like flu pains and sometimes i cant walk which really doesnt help as i have 2 kids that dont really want to help me as they are going through the teenager stage and practically ignore me cos im not well,i put up with ibs every day i may get the odd day when i have a better day but thats it,after i kept on going back to the doctors they hardly listen at all i got to see a consultant and have been fobed off loads of times but then after going in in tears and him seeing the size of my tum and the pain i was in he started me on fentynl pain patches which are morpine based i didnt realise how strong these where till a while after i just wanted the pain to go,but im still on them now and they dont really do much anymore think my body has built up a tolerance now,plus im on bisacodyl 2 at night plus milk of mag i have to take 40 ml of that at night plus lanzoprsol 30 mg plus 2 prozac but here i am still heavily distended tummy and bad pain im at my witts end,i just cant stand this anymore,plus on top of this i cant work and the sickness benefits are really putting me through it stopping my money and then having to reapply plus the kids father pays no maintanence towards the children so am really struggleing,crikey why are the doctors doing more for us?i have a boyfriend who doesnt live with me but he is great but im concerned he will have enough of my tum and leave me,i spend time crying here and there just dont know what to do anymore feel so trapped,why are we all being treated like this its complete torture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.