Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has been able to cure the horrible smell of leaky gas with devrom or some other method. I don't mind if the volume of gas is alot, its the smell that is a big problem for me. Thanks. Also how long do you have to take devrom before noticing results?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have used devrom and I stopped after I realized that its the devrom causing extreme constipation.On the bottle, it says only minimum effective amount to be used. It was right. I took devrom so much like maximum amount referred on the bottle. And Boy, I was extremely constipated. I don't want to experience that again.It might be just me or might be for many of us. And I want to stress the fact that I could feel some smells got REDUCED, not GONE. Well I wouldn't totally discourage u from taking devrom. Maybe u take minimum effective amount and if it's ok for u then u should use it.For me, I decided not to take devrom and try to find a way to cure the origin of this smell..And by the way, people here calls smelling, leaky gas. Before I also thought that I stink because gas leaks. It's true sometimes gas leaks when I am bloated. However, I realized that it's not the gas leaking but just smelling inside of my intestine coming out my system. Easilly speaking when we seal the container with conetents of very smelly things eventhough it is properly sealed it still smells some. In other words, people who have stomache problem usually have bad mouth breath. They have the smelling problem not because their gum or teeth stinks but it's actually coming out of their stomache. I think this applies to us with intestine stinking.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm still not to positive Devrom really works. I have the LG which I can't smell and can't seem to get anyone who can smell their LG try it, which is pretty discouraging because they are the only ones who would truly know if it actually worked. I wouldn't care if it did make me a little constipated if I found out it helped. I would rather be a little constipated then to know I smell some or all the time. Personally it did not constipate me, maybe the first few days and then I was fine. People act like they would go to the ends of the earth to solve or help this problem,even surgery and then complain of a small side effect and give up. I don't quite understand it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Regarding whether Devrom works, some of us answered this about a year ago. I have LG and mostly can not smell it, maybe about 90% of the time, but can when the wind or fan blows it back at me. Someone with LG had recommended Devrom last year and I thought it was working cause BM's were odorless so I thought gas would be too. However, I was still getting reactions and thought maybe I just had not taken enough Devrom. But I had to go to a special event and took the maximum starting several days ahead of time. It was a very hot July day and they had fans blowing full blast and lo and behold I still had LG. I agree with previous post too, that the odor is comes not necessarily from gas "leaking" ,just from the odor of the intestine itself, cause when I take peptobismol or chlorophyll or mint, the resulting odor is kind of a mixture of the substance and gas. When I used to take digestive enzymes, the resulting odor was of garbage. But why do we have LG? Everyone has intestines but not LG and there were many years I didn't have any problems and now I've had LG for 20 years

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you raise a good point, i notice when i've had good bowel movements, the leaky gas is less but it is still there. If my nullo arrives this week, I'm going to try a combination of nullo and devrom at the same time and see if i notice an improvement after a week's time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.