Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the test about 20 years ago, so I can tell you what it was like then, which may or may not be what it's like now. I had to quickly drink around a cup of liquid which was fairly tasteless. Soon after they took a blood sample. I waited a while, then had to drink another glass and have more blood taken.I remember the test as difficult for me and somewhat traumatic because I have trouble drinking a lot of liquid all at once. I felt very full and slightly sick but had to keep drinking. I'm not sure how to prepare for it. I guess it would help to be very thirsty.I don't blame you for reposting your question. No one at your other post was even trying to answer you.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I gave you a reply for the SIBO test, and the procedure is exactly the same. Obviously what is different is the type of fluid you drink. You blow in the bag first to get a baseline reading, then drink the fluid. For the next few boring hours you will be blowing into the bag at various intervals. I suffered no ill effects, but I imagine that any type of aftereffects you get from having dairy, you could get from the test.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.