Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 47 year old female who has suffered with "IBS" for over 30 years. I get discouraged sometimes reading these forums and never hearing from anyone who has found an actual cure for themselves. Do the ones who find their cure just go on about their lives and forget to come back and help the rest of us out? I have tried everything you can imagine. I have had success seeing a kinesiologist for some things. Recently I have seen a gastroenterologist and am having some success there. I need a few more weeks with the course he has me on before I can report back on that, but it is looking hopeful. I would really like to hear some success stories. I think it would give me some hope and lift my spirits. I need to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Is there anyone out there with one of those?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I thought there was a forum here where people posted their success stories. I can't find it anymore.The thing about support groups is that once someone is cured they disappear. Unless you're a regular, you won't know about the successes. A lot of people have gotten significantly better or gone into remission - Overitnow, MikeNoLomotil, Bonnieie, Braz Guy, and others whose names I can't remember but I remember their stories. Some got better with drugs, some with cog/beh. therapy, some with diet (SCD, No fructose, Candida, etc. . . . )Just keep thinking positively and doing what you're doing.PS. Noticed Kath's link. Click on the stories link and then click optimistic. Lots of happy endings there.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Over 10 years with only minor symptoms with flavonoid supplementation (grape seed and skin, gingko, bilberry, etc.). Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there. I agree, it would be great to hear more "success" stories. I don't know that IBS can necessarily be "cured" but I do know people for whom (with age) it got significantly better.As for me, I am 30 years old and feel like I am doing really well with my IBS. Every day (every meal) I have to make conscious choices as to what I can and cannot eat but as I learn which choices to make, I feel like I am doing awesome! In fact, I have found so much inspiration in following Heather's diet and experimenting in the kitchen that I am blogging about my meal choices and daily IBS at http://www.eatandbe.com. You might want to check it out and perhaps get some ideas of what one fellow IBSer's success looks like?Best of luck.Kim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.