Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not really had a problem with IBS for 8 years but I found that trying to stay on a completely bland diet (things like mash potatoes, oatmeal, and rice) sort of like you are an infant and starting your diet all over again for a week or 2 may help your D although I would not suggest this for anyone with C, it may make it worse... after this you should notice the bowel becoming almost normal if not try another week...if this hasn't helped then stop and forget but if it has then try adding a food and then wait 2 days before adding another food, then keep doing this with adding every 2 days and see which food item may or may not be a culprit and causing you some trouble... if this hasn't worked then it maybe something you are drinking (like coffee)and if you are like me you don't want to hear that!!!!please let me know what happens and if it is helpful I found chicken to be my villian... there is proven facts that early introduction to a food before your body is ready can cause sensitivity to that food later in life. my mother loved chicken and I guess she was eager to share her joys with me.....good luck and post me please!Linda

·
Registered
286 Posts
Interesting Linda - but with Thanksgiving coming up I'm just not ready to try this yet. I'm looking forward to that Turkey and Pumpkin pie!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was forced on same diet and have had to stay on it ever since. I'm IBS C - hasn't affected it much but av juice has helped. I still can't eat some things that are supposed to be bland like soup but every now and then I splurge on jello. I hate Thanskgiving but I've gotten used to stuffing myself with crackers, bread, and Tostitos beforehand and just watching every one else eat. At least you don't get sick and you don't gain weight
------------------"There's no point worrying about the things you can fix; no point in worrying about the things you can't."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts