Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
8,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Anyone not tested postive for Gluten sensitivity with Enterolab? everyone I have come across has tested positive. I tested positive too and am wondering how common this is and how much to trust the results?

·
Banned
8,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi pete! How are you doing? Yes I stopped the VSL3 because it gave me a musty odor. Yes they have tested for Celiac/ Crohn's through the biopsies and I tested negative but I was having problems with bread and I wanted to identify the cause. They did a gene test on me and they say I have 2 genes which predispose me to gluten sensitivity. It does seem like quackery if you test positive for gluten, milk, yeast and egg. I never even knew I had a problem with milk. But their work is kind of along the lines of what LEAP does- conventional medicine tests it at the blood and serum level, Mike talks about jejunal biopsies while the Enterolab tests it at the stool level. Their reasoning is that these antibodies don't make it to the blood because even though they are produced they tie themselves to the antigens. They say why wait until it develops into Celiac- the first stage in the process is evident.

·
Banned
8,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live on a very restricted diet when I go to work because I am fructose intolerant. Well I am a vegetarian when I don't eat out so if you don't eat veggies and fruit, that leaves bread. Well bread was giving me gas like only 5 farts but all in the space of a minute to the point of incontinence, so I decided to investigate wheat and yeast. Mind you bread does have high fructose corn syrup too so that could be the source of gas. So my only problem is with the wheat bread I eat.I decided to do the whole Enterolab panel- which means gluten including the gene test and the egg, milk yeast sensitivity tests and the fecal fat(microscopic, patented by Enterolab) as well as the colitis test. I was negative for the last two and positive for all the others.So now I can safely eat no veg food it seems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.