Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.enterolab.com/ EnteroLab is a registered and fully accredited* clinical laboratory specializing in the analysis of intestinal specimens for food sensitivities (reactions by the immune system to common proteins in the diet)that cause a variety of symptoms and diseases. One particular area of our focus relates to intestinal conditions caused by immune reactivity to a protein called gluten which is found in wheat, barley, rye, and oats. Recent research in our laboratory indicates that immune sensitivity to gluten is exceedingly common, present in 30-40% of all Americans. Although these reactions can cause malnutrition, growth failure in children, osteoporosis, many autoimmune diseases (including colitis, diabetes, arthritis, and many others), most of the affected individuals are unaware they have it because there have been no sensitive tests capable of diagnosis. Similar sensitivity to yeast in the diet has been linked to the development of an inflammatory intestinal disease called Crohn's disease. EnteroLab has recently developed a unique screening test for gluten sensitivity as well as for dietary yeast sensitivity(and soon for other foods)that is more sensitive and specific than tests in current use(provisional U.S. and International patents pending), and can be analyzed from stool rather than from blood tests. The rationale of using stool rather than blood for testing for food sensitivity is that immunologic reactions to proteins in the diet that cause these reactions are centered within the intestinal tract and not in the blood. We believe that our new tests can improve the health of millions of people worldwide.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi,I haven't had the testing done, but I have been to the site and gave it a lot of thought. I emailed the doctor and received an email back, he was rude and abrupt when I asked for more information, which I never got.To be perfectly honest with you, I couldn't imagine spending so much money without more info, and he made it clear that the "trust me" line should be enough to make me open my wallet. Personally I've heard that line way too often.On the other hand I have spoken to people who swear by his testing. I guess its a case of buyer beware. Also, I would check on the accreditation, just cuz someone puts it on their site doesn't always make it true.Good luck and please let me know what you decide and how it worked out for you.Lori

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.