Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many people here have seen the Charmin TV commercial with the bears. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen on TV in years (and I do watch a lot of TV)! This ad had me laughing nonstop for several minutes. I still laugh each time it comes on. It was just so cute and funny to actually watch bears taking the Charmin behind a tree to "try" it out! Then, watching them make a sigh of comfort with that "cha-cha-cha" at the end made it even better.
I have never been one of those people who laugh a lot, and the past few years, I've hardly ever laughed. This has to be my favorite all-time TV commercial!With my IBS problems, Charmin is the only brand I can use. The others (as I'm sure the bears will agree) are too uncomfortable.

G

·
I agree with Jen, the commercial is VERY distasteful to me. Bears wiping their butts ? Come on now.------------------Brenda S, R.N.This too shall pass !Although I am a nurse, nothing I say here should be taken as medical advice, its only personal experience. See your own doctor for any medical questions & answers.

G

·
I agree with Jen, the commercial is VERY distasteful to me. Bears wiping their butts ? Come on now.------------------Brenda S, R.N.This too shall pass !Although I am a nurse, nothing I say here should be taken as medical advice, its only personal experience. See your own doctor for any medical questions & answers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I found it amuzing because down here in Louisiana we have lots of "sayings". For instance, if someone asks you a question and the answer is obviously "yes", you might reply, "Is the Pope Catholic?". Another question that is often asked is, "Does a bear sh*t in the woods?"I assumed that was where they got the idea for the ad. If you've never heard the saying then you have no reference and therefore probably don't find it as amusing as us "country folks" do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I found it amuzing because down here in Louisiana we have lots of "sayings". For instance, if someone asks you a question and the answer is obviously "yes", you might reply, "Is the Pope Catholic?". Another question that is often asked is, "Does a bear sh*t in the woods?"I assumed that was where they got the idea for the ad. If you've never heard the saying then you have no reference and therefore probably don't find it as amusing as us "country folks" do.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I'm allergic to Charmin. Just use Scotts bath tissues. I believe it is the fragrance they scent it with that bothers me.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I'm allergic to Charmin. Just use Scotts bath tissues. I believe it is the fragrance they scent it with that bothers me.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now I'm dying to see the one with the kids. I've only seen the two bears. By the way, you don't actually "see" anything gross. It's all behind a tree (at least in the ad I've seen).

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now I'm dying to see the one with the kids. I've only seen the two bears. By the way, you don't actually "see" anything gross. It's all behind a tree (at least in the ad I've seen).

·
Registered
121 Posts
I love it! It is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. I think bears wiping their tushies is soo cute. Would you rather see a person wipeing thier tushy behind a tree? It is just showing what toliet paper is used for!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.