Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a BM which was decent, but had many non-attached white things floating around in the water afterwards. It could have been mucus, but didn't really look like the normal mucus. Just looked like white-ish little things floating around. Very strange..This is after taking a Culturelle 3 days ago, so I figure it has something to do with that. I feel less bloated finally now for the time being. Culturelle works wonders on me for getting rid of D and cramps, but the darn gas (which then causes mucus) increases bigtime. I'm not going to take anything anymore to see what happens next..- Mark

· Registered
6,709 Posts
Increased mucous production is typeical, esp. in d-types and cyclics, and is associated with the abnormal immunocyte response to dietary components whose locus is the small bowel. Its a classic "marker" in food reactive or additive reactive subjects regardless of which mechanisms is in play.MNL

· Registered
6,709 Posts
Increased mucous production is typeical, esp. in d-types and cyclics, and is associated with the abnormal immunocyte response to dietary components whose locus is the small bowel. Its a classic "marker" in food reactive or additive reactive subjects regardless of which mechanisms is in play.MNL

· Registered
1,435 Posts
Mike, it must be only in D-types and cyclics, because I never got that before I knew my food triggers. I only remember having mucous once or twice my whole life, when I was sick with other flu symptoms also.I used to tend to C before I started eating a lot more oatmeal.

· Registered
1,435 Posts
Mike, it must be only in D-types and cyclics, because I never got that before I knew my food triggers. I only remember having mucous once or twice my whole life, when I was sick with other flu symptoms also.I used to tend to C before I started eating a lot more oatmeal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.