Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've recently been diagnosed with IBS, and my physician recommended both a change in diet and medication. I've avoided medication/pain killers most of my life. I'd like to try alternative therapies, and have heard that abdominal massage can be both relaxing and good for digestive, gas and constipation disorders. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
442 Posts
HiI'v tried so many things.I'v tried massages. I would not say it's bad ... but it didn't do big things in my case. I also tried yoga with that special exercice where your own muscles will massage your belly (If you buy a book on it you will know how to do it..). Nothing better.---- Hope it could work for you---- IBS since 1080

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I've recently been diagnosed with IBS, and my physician recommended both a change in diet and medication. I've avoided medication/pain killers most of my life. I'd like to try alternative therapies, and have heard that abdominal massage can be both relaxing and good for digestive, gas and constipation disorders. Has anyone tried this?
My wife has used this for several years and it has been very useful when constipated. She has me massage along the colon starting at the ascending up to the traverse and than down the descending portion of the colon. It is a combination of little circles and using one sweeping large circle for a period of about 15 minutes. One can do it to themselves, but far better if another does it so the patient can relax. There are numerous videos on the internet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts