Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wonder if anyone has tried bio water or catalyst water? I have been reading some pretty amazing success stories with that stuff. I am thinking of trying it because some of the success stories are from people with problems like us. And it is supposed to help with both C and D. I would like to know if anyone else has any opinions on it? Please Respond!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have started the bio water, and I am going to try it for 2 months. I had a friend say I will begin to see a difference in 3 weeks and drinking 8 oz. a day. You mix it with distilled water. My friend said that she had the D severe. Everytime she ate. Not usually mattering what it was. She said that after 3 weeks she had a major difference, then after 2 months she no longer has a problem with it. But she remains taking the water faithfully everyday, and careful not to miss any. I will keep you updated on how it is working for me. It is also supposed to help with energy. There is lots of things it is supposed to help with. I guess sort of a all round miracle drink. Could it be to good to be true. Maybe, but in alot of our cases it never hurts to try. The worst is it won't help. The best is we will feel better. If anyone needs to know where to get it let me know. I order it from a company that I am so that I don't have to pay as high of price. Let me know if you need it and I will see if I can get it cheaper. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Yes, I tried it for a short while. My uncle drinks it and gave me a couple bottles. I did a lot of reading up about it, too, and asked my nutritionist about it later. I understand it can be quite helpful for some people (but not for me at the time). Here's the deal as I see it.... Apparently and very basically, according to my nutritionist, catalyst water creates an alkaline effect in the body. Thus, if you are someone who has lots of D that may be associated with overacidity, the water could help you. On the other hand, from what I understand, drinking the water can also soften stools, thus possibly helping some C types. I drank a bit of the water and noticed that my stools got very soft again. (They'd been almost "normal" for a while.) I also experienced weakness and "spinning" sensations. My nutritionist then explained the above to me and told me I likely was in "alkaline shock." (The year before I'd taken strong GERD meds to block stomach acid production; I also was on a strict alkaline diet.) I stopped drinking the water, and the odd sensations stopped. Again, I believe the water can have a positive effect (and my husband drinks it from time to time with no problems whatsoever). However, based on my own experience, my advice is to NOT drink it IF you happen to be someone who is taking acid reducers for GERD, etc., or who is on a strict alkaline diet.If you drink the water, start out slowly -- like, perhaps 1/2 glass at first.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I don't know about it. First of all it will be highly unlikely to make any difference for someone with IBS compared to them drinking normal bottled water.Secondly it recommends mixing with distilled water. I drank distilled water for a couple of years and recently read a lot of bad facts on it. Consequently I am not drinking distilled water. ScottySwotty

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
It sounds like
[This message has been edited by flux (edited 08-14-2000).]

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Well, anyway, I KNOW positively that the water had an effect on me -- but, like, I said, for me it was not a good effect (because my system was already so alkaline).It's interesting reading.... Supposed to help with burns and other stuff to.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:because my system was already so alkaline
Having an "alkaline" system is not exactly compatible with life, so it's reasonable to assume you mean something else, I guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.