Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading about the Master Cleanse on the internet and wondered if anyone had tried it?Also know as the lemonade diet - it is maple syrup, lemon juice and water. I have had really terrible wind for the last week and thought if I did a dettox I could get rid of the rubbish that is maybe causing it and "start again".Any comments please.

· Registered
33,934 Posts
There isn't any old rubbish in the colon that causes either large amounts of wind or bad smelling wind.That comes from what the bacteria do with the everyday ordinary fresh stuff.Starches other than rice, and some sugars /sugar alcohols (notably lactose, raffinose, sorbitol, and in some people lactose) feed the bacteria that make lots of volume.Sulfur reducing bacteria make the bad odor. So high protein diets or lots of eggs tend to make that worse.There are ways to alter the colonic flora.Take probiotics, eat yogurt. These bacteria produce virually no gas from digesting carbs.For odor you can take Pepto Bismol. It absorbs the sulfer gases.K.

· Registered
23,788 Posts
wilkie, just a suggestion, but you might try this diet if your gut is out of whack from the IBS. On the whole it does seem to be better woith a high fiber low fat diet, but when it gets really upset this diet may help ease it perhaps, although it seems the probelm is gas for you or is the problem, just something to know about. http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs35.htm You might look at the foods especially maybe carbohydrates and gas veg's and sodas even for gas producing foods and try eliminating them one by one for three days and adding them back.

· Registered
11 Posts
In Short No, but also been researching it as well:I have bought all the ingreadents, and going to start on Monday, as its me mates stag weekend and wont stand a chance to detox until then!!let us know how you get on, I am only going to do a 2 day fast intially (As i dont think I could cope too long without food!!), but aiming to build up to a 5 - 7 day fast within a few weeks.Theoretically, the digestive system is given a real chance to rest, heal, and purge all the accumulations/toxins that are inherent in a western diet, so i reckon the reults will be very postitive, but we shall see, why not try it, so we both have something to work with???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.