Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing research on the web and run across these two things to try. The equalactin is over the counter and is suppose to relieve the symptoms of IBS and molocure is rather expensive and has great testimonials but kind of sounds to good to be true. Has anyone tried either of these remedies? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have IBS-D and I have been using Equalactin for 6 or 7 years now. When I started on it, I was having severe cramps right under my ribs every day. It was unbearable. I started on the full daily dose (8 tablets a day). The cramps almost immediately responded, so I could cut back. I now take two a day, one after breakfast and one after dinner.Equalactin is just a fiber supplement in a fancy package and I would probably get the same result from any fiber supplement. I like the Equalactin because I can carry it in my purse and I don't have to swallow a huge tablet (they are chewable). The only advice I can give is to try it for a couple of months. It may work for you and it may not, but you will never know until you try. You may want to do as I did and play with the dose. A friend of mine is a doctor (with IBS!) and when I first started on the Equalactin, I asked him about it. He said I could take it indefinately but that it would get rather expensive over time. I know other fiber supplements are cheaper, but this one got rid of those cramps, so it has earned my loyalty!!Good luck with whatever you decide to try!lauralee

1 - 2 of 2 Posts