Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so in the past year my IBS-C has gotten so bad. I used to have a mostly acid reflux problem, but that slowly subsided and now I just have the symptoms of my IBS. It is RUINING my life. I constantly have abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, gas, and I always feel HORRIBLE. I am 23 years old and feel like I'm missing out on life because I never feel good and/or I'm worried that I won't feel well. I've tried several different medications and procedures, and nothing really seems to work. I recently have been doing a lot of research on marijuana's effects on constipation. I have never smoked before, and honestly am a little anxious to. I was wondering if anyone has had heard of anything or have first hand experience on the effects of marijuana on their constipation? I am desperate and am now willing to try anything to begin to feel normal again.

· Registered
5 Posts
I have tried marijuana but not regularly but it does seem to help. My IBS-C is directly related to my anxiety and this calms my colon and my nerves. I am afraid to ask my Dr but I would like a more controlled dose and maybe not to smoke it.
I have also found pilates to be helpful to get things moving. I don't ever feel like I have had a full movement which is very unsettling. It affects my whole life. Everyday I think did I poop, when did I poop, did I poop enough. Is it this or that. Should I do this or that. Super frustrating. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.