Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this intense pain for the last couple of days and several flare ups in the last couple of months. (Chron's D) I was taking Vicodin for the pain and it got to the point that I had to increase it twice. Anyway my doctor gave me the Oxycontin and said it would last longer and it was stronger. I am a little weary of it because I have heard that it is extremely addictive.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with it. My doctor said he would monitor me closely and that I should be fine with it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Man, its great your doc is actually taking your pain seriously. It can be addictive, but so can vicodin. I say just be careful, it sounds like your doctor will help. Really, you are very fortunate that your doc even gave you the vicodin. i guess youve had all other diseases ruled out before your diagnoses of IBS?
, M

·
Registered
113 Posts
Consider yourself very lucky. It is good to know someones doctor is taking them seriously. I've had a pain on my right side since Sept of last year. I was given Lorcet; and it takes the edge off sometimes; so I can sleep; but it makes me itch. My doctor is thinking of putting me on Demoral; which will do less for the pain if the itching doesn't stop. The oxycotin; is very addictive; but all narcs can be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ugh! I was prescribed oxy-contin for mens. cramps. It would knock me out, I would wake up long enough to throw up a couple of times and then be back asleep for another 15 hours. It's a sister med to morphine and resembles being on herein. It didn't stop my pain, it just made me not care about it. Also, I cried over everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts