Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone, other than me, tried high dosage B6 and B12?With normal dosage (400 IU) of D3 and E?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I tried B12 with B6, all I really noticed was my urine could glow in the darkI have tried D and E too made the mistake of trying them at the same time as the B12 so I couldnt really work out which effects came from which vitimins, only reason I know it was the B12 that made me glow in the dark was because I took the B12 fo a few days after the D and E ran out before i packed in.have you noticed any benefits from it?

·
Registered
311 Posts
yes, i have for yrs...........what is ur definition of high doses..??.............B12, i take injections, everyday & the sublingual............of the B12, take, total, everyday, is about 14mgs, yes that's milligrams.............of the B6, total, i take 6-800mgs aday...........the vitamin D, i take 8,000iu aday..my status is in the 80percentile..........vitamin E, i take about 1400mgs aday.........many things can effect each & everyone in many different ways..................daily needs change all the time..............what i do is research & collect all info on most if not all vitamins, & get to know them intimately.................u can read all this info, but if u can't apply what u learn, what good is it........u also have to know ur genetic makeup, ur genetic family history.............ur mother many have had constipation all her life, but u can express it in D...........doesn't mean that history doesn't apply to u, they r 2 sides of the same coin..........it's still ibs..............this applies for any health issue or disease...........u have to know everything u can about what u r researching, vitamins, minerals or diseases...........with C & D, the intestines, either keep too much liquid in them or they draw too much out, but it's still ibs..........what u have to do is understand what causes the intestinal walls to behave this way & how this applies to u, specifically.............u have to have a running inventory of what u eat & the nutrients generally found in those foods.............& ibs very rarely acts up by itself...........there r always ther parts of the body that effect each other............when i realized i had ibs-d, i spent a great deal of time researching & assimilating all the biology & physiology of this thing & all of the connecting systems that effect, control, interact or interfere wit the whole process...........what i c here on this site so often, is quick fixes & everyone seems to want a magic pill to b able to get their lives back & go on about their merry business..........THERE IS NO MAGIC PILL OR CURE..........ever!!!...........sometimes there is a slight deficiency, that can b corrected...........but finding out what that is, is a #### shoot...............& very hard..........nothing in the body happens over-nite..........most the time, tho, the way to get some help, is like trying to follow the strands of cooked spaghetti in a huge pot.........without a roadmap........ u may not like reading & studying the human body biology & physiology, but if u want to get better & have a more normal life, u need to do these things............it's sort of like most people go to a dr, ask them to help them & the dr writes out a script............they take it home & get it filled, then take it............alot do not ask what is this drug, what r the side effects, what is it i actually have (in their opinion), how this came about & truly is this a cure, yeah right, or could i end up with a worse problem, in the long run...........most the time, u will not get satisfactory answers to these things..............drs have a way of making u feel like an idiot & u keep ur mouth shut, cause no one wants to feel dumb...........BUT THIS IS OUR HEALTH, PEOPLE..!!........become enlightened, educated, informed...............sorry for the soap box.................chris............

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried B12 with B6, all I really noticed was my urine could glow in the darkI have tried D and E too made the mistake of trying them at the same time as the B12 so I couldnt really work out which effects came from which vitimins, only reason I know it was the B12 that made me glow in the dark was because I took the B12 fo a few days after the D and E ran out before i packed in.have you noticed any benefits from it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not noticed if my urine glows in the dark, that's funny
I will check that tonight.To answer your question, about noticing a change.Yes, my IBS-D goes away. In 11th months, I had only 2 attacks, and both times I hadstopped taking the vitamins for 3 days. So I take them everyday now.These are the dosages that work for me:B6 - 100 mg. (Time release)B12 - 500 mcg. (0.5 mg.) (Time Release)D3 - 400 IUE - 200 IUC - 200 mgDuring these 11 months, I have reduced the only medication I have taken (for 19 yrs) for IBS, from 50 mg. (before bedtime) to 5 mg every 3 days. It was an antidepresant with somehorrible side effects. In a few days I will stop taking it, hopefully for ever.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
During these 11 months, I have reduced the only medication I have taken (for 19 yrs) for IBS, from 50 mg. (before bedtime) to 5 mg every 3 days. It was an antidepresant with somehorrible side effects. In a few days I will stop taking it, hopefully for ever.
Y-a-a-a-y! Supplements can work. Well done.Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You did not specified the dosage of B6 and B12 that you used, nor for how long you tried it.My urine does not glow in the dark, and my blood tests show that I now have high levels of B12. But not before.You should take a sample of that "glow in the dark urine" to a lab. I would. It's not normal.May be you should try a different brand of B12, if you are looking for a solution to IBS-D.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I cant remember the doasage sadly it was a while ago,I remember thinking as well that it was more painful when I whent or a pee which was the reason I stoped taking it eventually but I have since found out that was unrelated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.