Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone suggested that I use valerian root or catnip to help my anxiety. I was wondering if anyone else has used these and how much, how often, and if there are any other herbs people are using? I did some research and I did come across an herb called Kava which is used for anxiety also but that it should be used for short term. Any others?

·
Registered
699 Posts
We had a whole thread going about Kava side effects. You can do a search for it.I tried it and after a couple of weeks noticed my legs acheing. It was very strange.I also tried St. John's Wort but it made me really irritable!Haven't tried any other herbs yet. Let us know if any help you.

G

·
Valerian root gave me terrible headaches, I have tried Kava and it really helped me to relax and to get a good nights sleep. But you can't be on it for too long. I usually only take it when I'm having an especially bad spell of insomnia.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Kimmie:I have not tried either one of them. I've heard St. John's Wort helps, but there has been a lot of publicity lately about side effects and the need to check with your doctor first before taking it. You might also let them know the other herbs you are considering. Let us know what you decide!
JeanG------------------Member of "The Advance Guard for the Ozone Rangers".May the "farce" be with you. JeanG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.