Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously I think I might be losing the plot. I know I have had serious worries about having diarrhea all the time for nearly 10 years but it's getting ridiculous now. I have go to the point where not only am I worrying about having diarrhea I'm also terrified of sitting in a room with anyone because I worry I'm going to break wind and they might hear it? Seriously what they hell is the matter with me. I didn't know anything about it beforehand and within the space of about 5 mins the panic sets in and I need to fart and get tummy ache and a real sense of panic. How on earth can I make myself get into this state. I can't sit in a chair if there are other people around or do anything without panic. My god what is wrong with me? Am I the only person that gets like this. I'm beginning to think that if I can in the space of a few minutes give myself the farts, that it is possible that it is my brain that's causing the diarrhea as well. I think perhaps I need to get some help to try and get some of my life back. Does anyone else get this problem ? It's just insane that I can work myself up like this without even trying - who needs to have background music on in a quiet room in case they fart.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ahh Claire, you sound so despondent. It's not the end of the world if you do fart, is it, your friends aren't going to hate you forever! What I do is get up and pop into another room with an excuse - "Oh I'll just put the kettle on", "I left my knitting in the other room" or whatever, and let rip there!The more you fret the worse it will get, love.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I think perhaps I need to get some help to try and get some of my life back.
I think you are right. Thought habits are easy to form and hard to break. So try forming some positive ones to replace the negative ones. And if you can't... by ALL means... get help.(((((Hugs)))))

1 - 3 of 3 Posts