Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
HI guys i was diagonised with IBS and GERD about 1 1/2 years back. Did my colonscope and endoscope back then and nothing serious was found except for slight inflammation on the esphoghous. i lived with my IBS and GERD for the last 1 1/2 years. my IBS-D flare up was like once every 2 weeks..my GERD was contollable with occassional usage of Omeprazole when i felt a reflux and bad burping. i kinda lived with that as i felt it was not affecting my daily life too much abput 2 months ago..i started feeling nausous one morning.. that come with stomach cramps and bad loose stools..i got worried as i never felt nauseous with IBS or GERD.. So i went back ti see my Doc and even seek another DOC for opinion. was told to take a stronger PPI (Nexium) and proceed with abdomen ULTRASCAN , further stools checks and blood test..all turn out fine! i also did a food allergy test and my new doc bascially close my case with IBS.told me the nauseous feeling will linger come and go..i have to control my diet and lifestyle and eventually the nausea will subside..The only med given to me was nexium, probiotics , librax and domeperidone..all these meds really did not seem to help much. i did ask the doc whether i need another scope into the stomach or colon but was told an absolute no as i had done only 1 .5 years back and doc told me the stoamch condition do not change so quickly Now i am left with like no solutions..my nausea feeling did not go away...i can hardly finsih a bowl of rice / noodles now..bad feeling of fullness, bad burp, feeling heay indigestion after throwing food down.. no appetite and feeling lousy almost every day for the last 2 months..These are my daily synstoms..surprising, i do not have bad diahorrea.in fact i only go to the toliet like once a day and my stools are soft but still in solid form..i am seriouly confused!!! i was worried my IBS / GERD has evolved into something else like a tumor, cancer or ulcer e.t.c..how can the nausea feeling simply come and go in interval of 3~4 days..i am waking up every morning with stomach cramps but seriously i had no diahorrea..which i making me confused whether its related to my IBSi trying tradional chinese medicine now...it seem to be my last resort in getting my normal life back..i using some herbs crushed to poweder form to be consumed. for the last 1 week i been taking it and well...it does not seem to improce but for chinese medicne...the process will be slow and might take months..but as long i can see improvement, i will try...any members here like to share some opinion or personel experience ?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Some people find Ginger Tabs helps the nausea.. but I would make sure you take it with plenty of water if you have GERD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts