Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i hate to repeat myself but just in case this can help someone; i had to come to europe last thursday and of course, travel and jetlag always stop me up so, last night made my special anti-C soup and it worked like a charm this morning, had some D, in fact, LOL. here goes (again) : sautee chopped garlic, onions and leeks in olive oil, add chopped potatoes, carrots, zucchini, green beans and tomatoes, throw in some spinach, i use a lot, cover with water, add thyme, oregano, bay leaf, bouquet garni if you want, a bit of sea salt, bring to a boil, then simmer an hour. blend or not, as you wish. needless to say, this soup is made with organic vegetables only, so i don't have to peel anything, hence the high fiber plus the pesticides, chemicals etc are not being leached into the water (which is what happens when you use non organic produce.) - just thought i'd post this again as it is good for you and doesn't involve laxatives, supps, etc. g-

·
Registered
487 Posts
gee that soup would kill me LOL the onion and leek would bring on an attack and i would end up in hospital ...Im glad it works for you thou
its always nice to find something that can bring relief

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to Shadowz: try leaving out the garlic, onions and leeks, if they bother you. altho, i must say, that's too bad, because they are nature's intestinal brooms, sweeping the gut clean of bacteria, etc. but, try leaving them out of the soup. i assume well cooked green veg don't bother you? g- (and thanks bonniei- )

·
Registered
258 Posts
just had a thought ghitta. I think one reason your "anti-C" soup works so well for you (almost like clockwork) is because you BELIEVE it will work. yOu have had it work for you in the past, and so you EXPECT it to work. That belief/expectation alone sets off good nerve impulses, relaxation response, vibration, what-have-you---- and actually this state of mind you are in the night before it "works like a charm" is a large part of what is helping you. I think someone who tries it for the first time and doesn't get wonderful results would think, oh what a stupid idea...that soup doesn't work for me. what do you think?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was reading some other of your posts about coming to the conclusion that for you, the major part of your C is the mind-body connection, as it is for me, and so manyh others on this board...and I was just putting that together with your soup idea. just some thoughts. for what its worth. have a great day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.