Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS for 17 years now. After seeing doctor after doctor I really found out I was wasting my time. I finally took a hold of myself and decided it was time to research as much as I can about IBS. I started that just about 2 years ago. It has been a miracle to know that i dont have to live in the pain and discomfort anymore. If I have one bout a year now thats unbelievable. I just keep going forward and will never want to experience all what I have been through all of those years. It takes time and courage, change of diet, exercise and an attitude change. It is possible to all of you who suffer so deepley with IBS. Have faith in yourself and know that anything especially curing IBS is possible. Good Luck and I will luck for other postings similiar to mine. Take care for now.

G

·
NancyG,I found your post most interesting because I, too, feel that I have almost beaten IBS. It became apparent to me what I had after a year of taking Keflex for a tooth problem. It became a fullblown problem then that threatened to change my lifestyle drastically. The gastro I went to merely told me what I had and was no help whatsoever. The rest I figured out for myself. After reading Dr. Salt's book I realized that I had symptoms for years and they were just dismissed. I would like to say that I am cured, but in all honesty, I say that episodes are less frequent and less severe. There is hope for everyone on this board and you have told them what it takes. I realize that others have other problems such as GB that intertwine and interfere. Everyone here needs to hear the success stories.

G

·
Hi NancyG.I wanted to bring your post to the top.it is very important for us to read such positive postings.please keep coming to the board .Love pattee

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
hey nancyc i don't believe it wow!! i just look at your profile and saw you are from norwalk ct, well guess what that's where i was born,and grew up, i left in 84, what part are you from south east or west?i still have family living there and going to visit in june,for the first time in 9 years. here is my nickname back then charlie tuna :///C:/WINDOWS/DESKTOP/Graphics/shark.gif [This message has been edited by charlie (edited 03-29-99).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts