Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason i just said to myself drink 8 glasses of water a day which i hardly ever do. so i started drinking and i felt so much better. the pain that comes from my abdomen isn't there anymore and my head feels much more clearer. I had my blood test and had no problems.....1. I had a problem with sleeping from 5 hrs a day and now im getting my 8 - 10 hours back :(2. pain near my abdomen disappeared but still feel it a tiny bit3.I had Diarrhea but now i get normal stools4.i was feeling lazy and depressed but now i don't feel like that any more5. i drank fennel tea to settle my stomach but now since Ive drank a lot of water i feel the need not to drink fennel any moreAll of my symptoms was linked to lack of water maybe?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I don't know of a direct mechanism and plenty of people have IBS when they drink that much water...On the other hand, if you were running dehydrated a bit, or the lack of water was causing any kind of physical stress for you ate all then adding water could correct that and make things better. Stress always makes things worse, even if it is physical/body stress not mental or emotional.

·
Registered
311 Posts
dehydration & the accumulation of toxins, can make u feel really lousy............the D might have been ur body' way of trying to get rid of the toxins..........water solves alot of problems.............unfortunately, ibs-d is an entirely individual thing.....there r no hard & fast rules.............lucky u found what works for u................hope it continues...........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.