Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both Interstitial Cystitis (Irritation of the bladder) and Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I had read somewhere that people who suffer from IC develope IBS. I almost have the IC controlled by diet - no caffiene, tomato products, citric acids, alchol, choc. (very dull diet). Then, after I had the bladder under control here comes the other. Is it possible to control IBS by diet with no medication? Presently I am taking Levsin 2/day, Levbid 1/day, Prevacid 1/day and Citrucel 1/day. I would like to have children one but all this medication has me tremendously considered. Please Help!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome to the board. I'm sure you will get good advice and help here.------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if you get D or C, but if you get D, I think its possible to be controlled by diet and the Caltrate Plus supplement. Sometimes the diet takes awhile to figure out because it's like a game of eliminating foods and trying different kinds. But, a lot of us including myself have been helped with the Caltrate. If you are C, just try to increase your fibre and take something like Metamucil or Citricel.Hope that this helps!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Malorie,Yes I have Intercysticial Cystitis and IBS.also.I was diagnosed in April of 98 with I.C.and I have mostly frequency, with some pain.However now since this IBS has "come on" my I.C. has almost taken a back seat.I have IBS-D and have only found some relief with the Caltrate. I am going to order the Calm Colon though. Have you read the I.C. web site? It is very helpful.please feel free to Email me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.