Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else find that with IBS you always have to have a full stomach, or the next time you eat you'll get sick? It's driving me crazy. I'm a small girl and I don't weigh much, but with a fast metabolism and the knowledge that if I eat once I'm already hungry I'll be very uncomfortable, I'm constantly eating. I've gained 10 pounds since the diagnosis and I know I'm not fat, but it still really bothers me. I don't know if there's a way to get around this, or a food that I can eat to make it better. I always eat really healthy food, but still it makes me feel gross. Does this happen to other people?

·
Registered
332 Posts
lol yeah kinda get what you mean! i totally lose my appetite when i flare up really badly but generally if i eat too much then i feel #### and if i let myself get too hungry, as soon as i add food we have fun as well! i guess at least when i'm flaring badly food isn't a problem excpet getting enough in! wish i could gain the weight thoug
well i guess i have at least put a lil bit back on!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Feeling hungry all the time can be a symptom of gastritis.Some IBSers if it is a waiting too long to eat then eating a big meal sets off symptoms may do better on small frequent meals. Cut what you eat at a sitting in half and eat it twice as often, if you need to make the portions a bit smaller than usual if weight gain is an issue, a bit bigger if weight loss is an issue.K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts