Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had trouble with my stomach (nausea, constipation, some diarreah) since I was about 12 or so. I'm now 32 and have been officially diagnosed with IBS (had all the fun test, but glad I did). Anyway it's always been sparatic, not an everyday thing and not terribley severe, although I do remember sitting on the floor in the bathroom in the middle of the night, crying because my stomach hurt and I couldn't go to the bathroom. Anyway within this last year I've noticed more symptoms and more cases of loose stools, diareah, and that lovely mucous thing YUK (still get the constipation thing too so guess im d/c. This year has been extremely stressful, so I'm sure that contributed to things.......So just wondered if anyone else started with mild symptoms, only to have them change or get worse. Mine are better againg after being put on Serzone for about a month.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I started with a generalized "touchy stomach" and after an outbreak of some kind of infection (I believe it was set off by overuse of antibiotics) I seem to have entered this viscious cycle of IBS. I have not had this for very long (a few months), so I am aggressively avoiding many foods (after being tested for allergies), and I try to do alot of exercise and meditation.Good luck to you. May you be free of pain.May all your miseries be destroyed.Regards,bonpo

·
Registered
880 Posts
A couple of years ago I also had a very stressful year. My MIL has Alzheimer's, and her last year before going in the nursing home was very intense. My IBS was in a bad flare-up the whole year. It wasn't until the stress was reduced and I kept a food and symptom journal and made serious changes to my diet that it got better. Now with diet, calcium supplements, and less stress, my IBS is actually under control. (I am D/C too.)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Mine comes in waves. It'll be good for a few weeks - bad for a month, good for a month, bad for a few weeks..... no real pattern and no change in stress levels. Nothing that made me think a trip to the doctor was necessary until after a trip to Mexico (no parasites found), which was a few months after my mom passed away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I guess I'm not alone then. The change or worsening in symptoms is what prompted me to see my dr. Went to GI, had lots of tests, all normal so IBS it is, I guess it just changed some. We've had some family problems, my husband had a grand mal seizure for the first time, he changed jobs, two grandparents died in one week and some other problems we had to work out........so I guess all of that was enough to set it off and make it worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.