Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just needed a place to vent for a few minutes. I increased my bentyl from 10mg to 20mg 3 times a day on Saturday. My GI also recommended I add a powder fiber supplement. I bought benefiber and had 2tsp in water over the last few days. My diet has been mostly the same, but so far my stool is really soft. Sometimes I have a more solid BM, in the morning but then one or two soft ones throughout the day. Today I was feeling fine and took my bentyl then 30 min later ate cereal. Then I was fine until I took my second bentyl. My stomach started hurting really bad so I went to the bathroom. I had a BM that was soft, but not diarrhea more mud like. I decided to just have a few saltines instead of eating lunch because my stomach hurt and felt unsettled. This whole process just makes me so depressed. I just can't seem to have many days in a row where I feel fine. I just want to be able to eat and do whatever I want. I need my life back. I just feel like giving up! I don't want to deal with this anymore. My life just feels to overwhelming to deal with.

·
Registered
146 Posts
psychgirl, i know how you feel, so much. I've had 5 weeks so far of a lot of D...and with no real understanding of what is setting it off. I've had maybe... id say 6-7 days out of that 5 weeks where ive felt.. OK. Not great, but OK. Otherwise, ive had tons of urgency and D that is screwing up my commute, me getting to work on time, and my weekends and having a life. It's really, really frustrating. I feel like hte only thing that helps is imodium, but then you feel like it's just a temporary solution, not a fix!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I take the imodium I get constipated and then the cycle starts all over again. So I am going to try the 20mg Bentyl and fiber for the time being and see if something changes. Thanks for the replies and support. I really need it right now!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I understand your frustration. I am new to this group. I have been suffering for years and now I found this group. I haven't had any treatment that worked. I just started acupuncture today, lets hope.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts