Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately i've been waking up and when i start making breakfast, i look at the food and feel like throwing up. I don't know why but its really bothering me
( I've been able to control my IBS with calcium tablets but last week I had Burger King and it was the worst decision of my life. Never eating BK ever again. But Is my IBS has any correlation with the feeling of throwing up in the morning or is it something else entirely?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Although from what I understand , vomiting is not a common symptom of IBS , I think that what you are going through may be psychological.As someone who suffers from IBS , we constantly scrutinize what we eat. We think " Is this going to upset my stomach? " ... " Will this give me gas or constipate me "... etc.The physical act of LOOKING at food can psychologically cause you to feel nauseous , when in fact , what I think you are feeling is anxiety. It sounds like maybe in the past, you went for that big breakfast and then dearly paid the price for it later? You've now conditioned your brain to probably think "Oh no, remember that time?..." and you become turned off to the idea of food or breakfast. Also , what is it that you are making for breakfast? Are you cooking anything fried? (Bacon , Eggs , Hashbrowns..etc) It is also possible that the nausea is caused by just simply being hungry and your body wanting to consume food. If these sensations are only something that are apparent when you LOOK at the food , I can almost assure you that its definitely not your IBS , but its more of a psychological reason , rather than physiological.If you are feeling sick AFTER you consume your breakfast , then maybe you need to revisit the fact that you may be eating too fast, or something too heavy.If you eat fruit in the morning , eat it on an EMPTY STOMACH. Pears have been known to calm nervousness and soothe upset tummies. Try eating a pear in the morning with a glass of water , and then eat something else about 30 minutes later. Strong scents like the smell of fried bacon , can also be a turn off to your senses...stick with more gentle foods and that are less powerful in smell , and make sure you eat something that you normally like eating.Breakfast doesn't HAVE to be cereal and eggs and toast. I've on numerous occasions made myself a chicken salad , or a salad with tuna for breakfast. Its filling , nutritious and easy to digest.Be nice to your tummy in the morning. The first thing you consume during the day can play a big role in how you feel for the rest of the day.Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.