Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be producing lots of bile in my systme and get very thick sticky yellow and green bile which is hard to eliminate. I also have major constipation.The bile is causing lots of burning, pressure, pulling gas and bloating and I dont know what is causing it or what I can do to flush it out.
What causes the body to produce so much bile?Any suggestions or advise would really be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Where are you seeing the bile?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pass it in the toilet, but it is so difficult to get out and there is so much of it!!!
The consistency is like very dry egg white or blood clots but is a dark yellow to orange and often green. Its very painful and full of bubbles. I dont know whats going on and the GI I'm seeing at Wake Forest University doesnt know what's causing it. He said its not normal even for people whithout a colon (like in my case) - I'm scared and dont know what to do!Apparently there is some kind of resin one could take that can bind with the bile but it causes constipation and I'm way too constipated to take it.I have had a CT to check my gall bladder and its OK so it cant be that.Any ideas ?

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
First, I would have the stool tested to see if it really is bile. If it is, then I wonder if you have independently some sort of bile acid malabsorption. There is also a test for that.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Flux,I was also wondering if there could be something wrong or if there is a loss of the distal ileal area and/or ileocecal valve, which may have occured when they removed my colon. I dont quite understand this - do you know more about it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.