Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone might be experiencing what I feel in regard to my constipation. I wake up very foggy with head and neck pain and cracking on my right side. in order to evacuate, I use multiple glycerine suppositories and drink hot coffee while trying to go to the bathroom. I then need to follow this with two Dulcolax suppositories in order to fully evacuate. The entire process takes about 3 hours. Until I do this, the fog in my head and pain and cracking in my right side of my neck remains. It seems that my ability to evacuate is severely compromised. i have done biofeedback, and it wasn't helpful.

This has been going on for many years.

I am currently taking the following: magnesium, Swiss Kriss, a wonderful Chinese tea with malva, persimmon, senna that is very helpful (every other day), flax, slippery elm powder.

Any insights would be appreciated.

·
Registered
527 Posts
focus on kidney health at 6:00 pm eat whole cranberries, 100% cranberry juice, butter, olives and little bit grape wine or grape wine vinegar. Kidney shunts its load to the large intestine. This is all in the medical stuff from the Chinese perspective. Deal with any other issues you might have regarding mother problems/old mental blocks. Any problems with your mom, that may lead to constipation. Another kidney health idea is Chickweed, make a tea out of that. Drink it 5:00-7:00 pm

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, flossy. I have tried Dr. S Formula #1. I was hopeful and also took a high dose. It did not help one bit. I tried it for a few months. I am glad that it is helping you though.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I think that for some reason our muscles are chronically tense. This can cause all kinds of pains and PFD.
Thank you, flossy. I have tried Dr. S Formula #1. I was hopeful and also took a high dose. It did not help one bit. I tried it for a few months. I am glad that it is helping you though.
Sorry to hear that. How many did you take?

Did you ever try prune JUICE? (Yes, my emphasis is on juice.
tongue.png
) It makes me go so much I cannot drink it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can hardly think of a thing I haven't tried. But, yes...why not. I'll give prune juice a shot. I do think though that it's an issue with my push mechanism. This is likely why I need the two biscodyl and about 20-25 glycerine suppositories to get enough out each day so that I can feel human.

·
Community Manager
13,181 Posts
Hi Wigglesmom

so sorry you are still having such miserable problems--it's such a struggle.

i can't remember if we talked about this before but have you tried botox injections or baclofen suppositories to help relax your tight pelvic floor muscles?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Annie,

It's been a while as I've not been on here for a year or two. I haven't tried botox but did try the suppositories. They made me feel really faint and weren't helpful.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes. I was told that I have a long and kinked colon. I have external hemorrhoids that act up especially when I use the biscodyl suppositories.

·
Community Manager
13,181 Posts
sorry the suppositories didn't help you and made you feel faint.

i had a long twisted colon too. you really do have my sympathy/empathy. so hard to deal with.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Yes. I was told that I have a long and kinked colon. I have external hemorrhoids that act up especially when I use the biscodyl suppositories.
Well, there you go on the first one. Also hemorrhoids can definitely slow things down, take it from me. That pretty much explains everything.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I absolutely understand that I have a problem. I'm just very curious about the head and neck pain and neck cracking. As soon as I evacuate, it goes away. I also have a fairly high amount of mucus in my stool.

·
Community Manager
13,181 Posts
all i can think of is--i wonder if the head and neck pain is due to the stress of trying to evacuate, the difficulty and length of time it takes, etc. many people carry stress and tension in their upper back and/or neck. i know i do. i'm currently in physical therapy because of it. also, my neck cracks a lot due to the tight muscles (due to stress) pulling on it. my PT told me that my muscles are so tight that they are pulling on my bones. plus i have arthritis in my neck which causes cracking.

i do hope that somehow you can find some relief from all this. it's miserable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts