Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on Lotronex for 3 weeks with wonderful results, some constipation but I will deal with that. The thing I am wondering about is headache. I have had a killer headache ever since I started the Lotronex. Just wondered if anyone else has had this symptom. It is not listed in the drug info. I hate to stop taking it to see if it goes away but I might have to.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looking back, I think I may have had a headache for the first couple of weeks on Lotronex, but nothing that a motrin wouldn't take care of. It went away.ColleenSTILL doing battle with the insurance company over Lotronex!

G

·
When I first started taking Lotronix I got headaches in the morning after I took one pill. This only lasted a few days. Occasionally I will get a headache after taking it even now. I am a person who rarely gets headaches and I am fairly certain these are associated with Lotronix.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, my headaches are to the point of debilitating. I have an appointment with the doc this morning. I just hate to give up on the Lotronex but 3 weeks of this is a little too much. I have to take Vicodin just to function. Not good when you have to work. I will let you know what she says.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
#### (literally I'm sure), she took me off the Lotronex to see if the headache clears up. I hope it does because that would be a quick fix for the headache but not for the other end of my anatomy!

G

·
I had some headaches at the beginning, but never too bad and ibuprofen or waiting took care of it. Yours sound like killer headaches and I don't blame you for not suffering it out any more. Maybe gradually sneaking up on the dose would help. 1/2 pill a day, then twice a day, etc. Certainly I'm not a person who's had trouble with headaches before, and I was certainly able to tolerate the ones I had even without ibuprofen. I'm glad they lessened though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts