Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have such a headache and upper back pain right now. I took tylenol but it doesn't seem to be helping....I am at work right now....any suggestions to help relieve this? I am drinking green tea with ginger right now.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Well adding more meds may not be a good idea.How about a cool compress, or a warm compress (different people respond differently) on your forehead.Or do some gentle stretching exercises for your neck and upper back. One that I like besides standard roll the neck and shoulders around is to lie on something like a bench so you can put your arms out to the side like a T or a cross and while keeping the arms straight let the fall below you as far as possible. Sitting at a desk tends to pull all that forward, so letting stretch backward can help.If you can leave your desk for a break take a short walk outside while breathing fully and deeply.K.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Can you put some ice on the nape of your neck or just at the base of your skull? It always eases my headaches. I agree with Marier and kmottus, go home and/or stretch. This is what my tension headaches feel like...Take care,Donna

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.