Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS for about ten years, but it only started becoming severe about a year and a half ago. Around this same time, I started to notice that I would get a headache right after my period stops- literally in the same moment. This headache is dull and centered in the back of my head and the top of my neck and lasts for about four to five days. I have definitely noticed that the headache happens like clockwork after menstruation.Could this be related to IBS? The headaches and severe D/C began around the same time.My OB/GYN doesn't know why these headaches happen. I am on Ortho-tricyclen after a nasty stint on Loestrin.Help- does anyone else notice a pattern with their headaches and their menstrual cycles????

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I'm surprised that your Ob/Gyn didn't know what was causing your headaches. My guess is, well, hormones. I get awful migraines during my period and it's because of the change in the level of hormones. I'm on continuous birth control as a result. I would talk to your doc about it and if they say that isn't right, then see another doctor.Oh, and many women find that their IBS symptoms also get worse during their periods.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I should add that my OB/GYN says that the headaches related to my periods are not indicative of a gynelogical disorder, that's the best she could do.I'm wondering if others who have IBS have something similar. We all very well know that all of the symptoms of IBS haven't been mapped. Just wondering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.