Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i finally went to see the neurologist today (ive only been waiting to see him for about 50 yrs )
he assures me that my constant headaches are in no way connected with my ibs, basically my doc has been talking a lot of bollocks
I went to get an ECG done apart from having a heart murmer it was ok. I have to go back next week and get a brain scan done. The professor i saw was brilliant and he was amazed that for the last 8 years with these damn headaches i have never once been referred to see anyone i think he was quite angry at that.So the moral of this story is..... dont let your doc blame ibs for everything, i will have a few choice words for my doc when i see her

·
Registered
73 Posts
hi jools, it is true docs blame everything on ibs and when you see them you feel stupid enough anyway without them thinking you are a hypocondriac like mine does!enough moaning anyway i am on a real downer today i have felt like blubbing all day! i hope all goes well at your brain scan!!!!!

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks kozzi. yep docs cause a whole lot of stress by blaming ibs for everything. sorry your having a bad day (me too) my partner has had some idiot drive into our car and my partner has been taken to hospital i hope hes ok. we can blub together as im on a real downer too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi joolie, Hope all goes well. I know how you feel doc's hear IBS and it is cause of any complaint you have or they think it is all in or head. I get some serious headaches during IBS attacks. I finally found a Doc who would listen before judging. He believed the headaches were caused by stress & panic of the expected pain & discomfort of the upcoming event. Relaxation & stress meds reduce the occurrence of these headaches. I still feel "Woogly" (my word) I often feel sea sick before & after serious attacks. Do this happen to anyone else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts