Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
All my life I've been accustomed to a BM every few days. I've never been really regular and it was probably due to a not so healthy diet. Over the last few years I've been working hard on eating right, and being healthier. Since April/May I've noticed that I've started to have a BM every morning instead of every few days.I was going through a time where I was having a lot of cramping, indigestion, and bloating like crazy. My PCP prescribed me VSL#3 and I instantly felt better. I'm still scheduled for a colonoscopy to make a proper diagnosis of IBS though since I tend to get the narrow pieces of stool from time to time.

Basically, my questions are:

1. If I went from being very irregular BM every few days to a regular, mostly predictable BM every day...

Is this a sign of my body working more efficiently at eliminating, or is it a sign of increased frequency and need to be concerned for colon cancer?

2. Typically when I have a BM, it will be in the morning. Sometimes afternoon, and sometimes evening but more often than not, it's just once in the morning. Usually when I do go, I don't have that "urge to go" it's just when I start to pee, I will have that feeling of "maybe I do have to go" and I usually do. I do still get an urge some days, but it's not all the time. Most times when I go, it's because I'm already in the bathroom, and THEN I will go. I don't know if that make sense or not, but could me rushing my body to go #2 cause narrow stools? I usually start out with "ok, I could go #2" and it usually ends up in straining. Though I know I'm not drinking as much water as I should be lately.

Thanks for the venting!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.